Zika Virus Information Hotline Now Available 24/7. Call 855-622-6735
Made available by the Florida Department of Health for Florida residents and visitors.
Latest Guidance from the CDC Regarding the Zika Virus:
Miami-Dade County is designated a Zika cautionary area (yellow area). Although the specific level of risk is unknown, there is still a risk to pregnant women.
- Pregmamt women should strictly follow steps to prevent mosquito bites: use insect repellent; dress yourself and your baby in clothing that covers arms and legs; drain and cover standing water; use air conditioning when available.
- Pregnant women who live in or traveled to Miami-Dade County and men who have a pregnant sex partner should use a condom during sex or not have sex during pregnancy.
- Pregnant women who have traveled to any area of Miami-Dade County after August 1, 2016 should be tested for Zika virus in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Pregnant women should consider postponing travel to all areas of Miami-Dade County. Click link below.
- Health Care Providers, click below for the Florida Department of Health’s Zika testing and referral process maps
FREE Zika Testing – No Appointment
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm / call 305-324-2400
Bring: Picture ID, OB/GYN contact information
Locations in Miami-Dade County
18255 Homestead Avenue, Miami, FL 33157
1350 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33125
Visit the following links for more information on the Zika Virus:
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
You can make an impactful difference in Miami’s underserved children’s lives when you donate! Healthy Start Coalition of Miami-Dade’s revenue is derived in part from donations like yours!